Problem with foundation modal onsubmit

Hi I’m using foundation 5.5.3 for sites and I’ve a problem while submitting a form with only one select, the modal closes itself after selecting one item. The thing I want to do is to select the item without closing the modal do you think it’s possible?

<div id="modifica" class="reveal-modal" data-reveal  aria-labelledby="modalTitle" aria-hidden="false" role="dialog">
<form method="post" action="modifica.asp" id="modifica-form">
<div class="row">
<div class="small-2 columns">
<label for="CATEGORIA" class="right inline">SCEGLI UNA CATEGORIA:</label>
</div>
<div class="small-10 columns">
<select name="categoria" onchange="this.form.submit();">
<%categorie = "SELECT * FROM CATEGORIE ORDER BY CATEGORIA ASC"Set T_Tab = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
Set T_Tab = ConnACCESS.Execute(categorie)
if not T_Tab.eof then 
if scelta = empty or scelta = "NONE" then 
selected = "selected"
end if%><option value="NONE" <%=selected%>>-- SELEZIONA UNA CATEGORIA --</option>
<%do while not T_Tab.eof
if CStr(T_Tab("ID")) = scelta then
selected = "selected" 
else
selected = empty
end if%><option value="<%=T_Tab("ID")%>" <%=selected%>><%=T_Tab("CATEGORIA")%></option>
<%T_Tab.MoveNext
loop
end if%>
</select>
</div>
</div>
</form>
<a class="close-reveal-modal" aria-label="Close">&#215;</a>
</div>

And this is the trigger for opening the modal:
$('#categoriamodifica').on('click',function(){$('#modifica').foundation('reveal','open');});

Hi,

Hi I’m using foundation 5.5.3

This is pretty old. You could use e.stopPropagation() and e.stopImmediatePropagation().

Thanks for your answer Daniel, I know that this is an old version of foundation but it is diffucult to migrate from 5.5.3 to 6.6.1 without migration docs.
I tried to use e.stopPropagation() and e.stopImmediatePropagation() in this way:
$('#categoriamodifica').on('submit', function(event){ event.stopPropagation(); });
but they don’t work, i have the same problem.

Ok, can you provide a working codepen with your setup so we can check it there? That would be very helpful.

Yes for sure, here’s the codepen.